REQUEST A free consultation TODAY
For a free, no-obligation with an experienced attorney at Hilliard Munoz Gonzales L.L.P. regarding your case, please fill out this form.
We are here to help
All fields are requiredCONTACT US TODAY X
When you are dealing with the death of a family member, you are grieving and distracted — you need help to know what to do.
We are here for you with years of experience in seeking justice in wrongful death cases. The purpose of a wrongful death suit is to provide relief to family members who have been injured emotionally and financially by their loved one’s death. We bring suit to recover damages for the injuries that you have suffered due to the death of the victim.
Damages in wrongful death cases are for losses you suffer as a survivor of the deceased. Some losses are measurable — a widow could seek to recover the financial support she would have received had her spouse lived. Other damages are less tangible. Recoverable damages can include:
- direct expenses: medical bills and funeral costs
- loss of benefits: income the person could have received in pension/retirement benefits had he or she lived
- loss of future earnings: income the deceased would have earned if he or she had lived
- loss of companionship: the emotional support (love, care, comfort, protection, etc.) that the deceased would have provided to a relationship, and the mental pain and suffering resulting from the person's death
- punitive damages: amount the party responsible for the death should pay as punishment
Calculating the monetary value of damages is an extremely complex undertaking, best entrusted to a legal team with many years of experience trying wrongful death cases. HMG can provide that team.
In all matters involving wrongful death it is essential that we move promptly to preserve evidence, investigate the accident and file the lawsuit before the Statute of Limitations deadline. Please don’t delay contacting us.
If your family has suffered the wrongful death of a loved one, please call 800-334-3298 now or submit our simple online contact form. Your initial consultation is free. If we accept your case, we will work on a contingent fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if we win your case — if we recover nothing, you owe us nothing.